Friday 16 August 2013

Lightening Bolt Nails



Having been bitten by the Nail Art Bug, and watched so many videos on YouTube of tutorials and Hauls (mainly in America) I decided to start my own Blog here in the UK. I was disappointed that many of the makes of salon varnish blogger/vloggers talk such as OPI and China Glaze which I'd never heard of I thought I couldn't buy on the UK High Street.

But on the way home from Budapest, there in the AirPort was a OPI Stand! It would be rude not to. So I purchased my first OPI nail varnish. Not one, or two, but a four pack set, OPI's EuroCentral collection. Great value as this was about £32 when single bottles were for sale at £9 each. I was not disappointed, the colours are very vibrant including a deep blue and purple, along with a gorgeous glitter. The cream varnishes are opaque enough to just use one layer and a pretty good finish even before using a Top Coat.


Here's my first attempt at Lightening Bolt Nails, using the set. I've used OPI 'Don't forget your CzechBook' and 'You're Such a BudaPest'. The silver is Rimmel's 'Your Majesty'.


Oh and I have since found out that you can buy OPI in the UK at Sallys. I have bought some China Glaze from Sallys but no further OPI varnishes, also Ebay is great for getting both these makes of varnishes at low prices. 


x

No comments:

Post a Comment