Monday 2 December 2013

Deborah Lippmann - is she a real person?


Bloggers talk about Deborah Lippmann polishes and again I've been watching these on eBay with eagle eyes. I started to notice more turning up on eBay and just as I considered buying one, low and behold I stumbled across some in TK Maxx.

This is probably why they are turning up on eBay at a lower than normal price! I picked up six, yes six polishes for the princely sum of £20. Not bad when you consider these usually retail at about £15 each!

So a little bit about these polishes, yes Deborah Lippmann IS a real person, unlike Sally Hansen. She names her polishes after popular songs and has had a few albums out herself. The polish above is called 'Glitter in the Air' which I think is a Pink song, correct me if I'm wrong! I'd been wearing her 'Wicked Game' polish earlier in the week...

So far I've been disappointed with both polishes, they are both very sheer. I've since learnt with above polish you need to layer it over another polish for the best effect. The above is four coats and you can still see my nail line. I'll have another attempt at this and report back. P.S I still have Essie's Stoke of Brilliance on my left hand thumb, I'm too much of a wuss to attempt removal, might have to be the whole thumb!

No comments:

Post a Comment