Sunday 29 June 2014

CND Vinylux weekly polish


So last week I treated myself to a manicure. My cuticles were a mess and I've still not really figured out how to deal with them efficiently. Last time I had my nails done at the Swan Beauty Salon they used one of the original OPI DS polishes, which was freaking AMAZING! This time they used a CND's Vinylux polish in the blue on the picture below. 

I nearly had kittens when she started to apply the polish (BLUE) without a base coat. No, she said when I exclaimed, these new polishes need no base coat and they should last for one whole week without chipping and wear.

Well, managed to gouge a line of polish off my index finger within an hour of getting these done, but this was my own fault as I was cooking etc... Otherwise the polish lasted very well until the end of the week with minimum wear.


Whilst viewing the All Things Nails Group on facebook, I saw someone else posting and commenting on these polishes. So I thought I'd investigate further... Seems these polishes were currently on sale at The Nail and Beauty Link (tnbl) for £3.75 along with the Top Coat you are supposed to use with them, and so I purchased three. The blue, I had applied for my manicure 'Blue Rapture', 'Rock Royalty' is the gorgeous purple and 'Sage Scarf' is the dusty green. I just love the name of the green polish, both this and the blue are such unusual shades.

So tonight I used 'Sage Scarf' and was hoping to stamp a more geometric design on my accent nail, but neither design stamped well or straight. So I just did this little circular pattern from the same plate. Let's see how this Sunday Night manicure endures the week!

Oh, one more thing, I purchased my first Indie polishes this weekend! So excited to see what they are like when they arrive, AND I took part in my first Destash Swap. Have sent four polishes off to a new home and waiting to see what I receive in return!

2 comments:

  1. Is it bad that I have never had a manicure done professionally? I don't trust anyone with my nails lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's down to whatever works for you. Why get someone else to do your nails when you can do a good job yourself? I however need help with my cuticles!

      Delete