Wednesday 16 September 2015

Bokeh Nails

Many Nail Art Bloggers and Vloggers are doing the 31 Day Challenge this month and I'm missing out as I thought it was next month as there are 31 days in October but not September. The challenge is to do a different manicure every day for 31 days based around the following themes.


I've completed this challenge twice once in January this year and for the first time in September last year (why I thought it was October, I have no idea).

Whilst following others progress I came across a nail art technique called Bokeh so thought I'd have a go. Bokeh is a photography effect where you blur a background on a photo so that it appears as little circles of light, much like the affect on the 31 Day Challenge image above.

I first found inspiration from ohmygoshpolish who created Bokeh nails for her Day 1 Red Nails manicure, here's what she did and how she did it:


I followed her tutorial to create my look but used blue varnish along with white and a light metallic blue as my base.

 

Very happy with how this manicure turned out, I think next time I'll do more layering of the dots to give the design more depth, I only did three layers, so maybe so four next time.

THEN I saw this tutorial for Bokeh Nails when rummaging through YouTube created by Cute Polish, so I thought I'd give this a go too. Super easy to do, actually both of the nail art effects are and they really look amazing.





I omitted the gold accents, and used purple, blue, pink and teal colours, but you can use what ever colour combination you want.

 

Really love the way these look, I'm wondering what these might look using black acrylic paint to create the Bokeh-lites!

Which one do you like best, or have you tried Bokeh nails, and how did you create the effect?

No comments:

Post a Comment