Monday 10 March 2014

Urban Outfitters W.I.P Polishes


Since last weeks manicure I've been scouring the Internet for Holographic OPI polishes from their Designer Series. Their most recent collection is somewhat lacking in the colour or holographic effects I so desire and eBay have but a few polishes that are listed, in the region of £18. Much, much more that I have ever spent on one single polish.

So at the weekend I went into Manchester and had a mooch round Urban Outfitters and their polish display caught my eye. Two polishes for a tenner and these two really stood out. The left is called 'Black Holo' and was exactly what I was looking for. A gorgeous dark grey polish, I would say, with a gorgeous linear holographic effect.


You can see it here, both in the bottle and on the nail, it loses nothing once painted, and this was one coat! Day two and so far no chips, and I've even washed the pots! I topped it off with a Color Club quick dry Top Coat and was ready to go.

The other polish I picked up is a very, very fine beaded polish called 'Blue Beaded'. I'm not usually a fan of these type of polishes, but my friend pointed it out saying it looks like static TV in a bottle.

The polish has a clear base with tiny white and blue beads. The picture below shows two coats and you really don't need a base coat to cover the nail with this polish. It's a little textured once painted on as you'd expect, and although it has no glitter, it gives off a real glisten. The swatch here is without Top Coat, so I can't wait to wear this polish next to see how the Top Coat adds to the effect. They had this polish in light purple and a grey also, but the blue really stood out the most.


P.S. The Black Holo wasn't included in the 2 for £10 deal, so I ended up paying £12 for the holographic polish and £6 for the Beaded one.

No comments:

Post a Comment