Saturday 22 March 2014

Rimmel LONDON - Salon Pro in Purple Rain


A trip into Warrington yesterday to purchase a Helmer unit to store all my nail polish in (more about that later when I've assembled it and filled it), led me to have a mooch around the shopping center there too. I was hoping to find some Essie in the colour above, I was looking for something purple but on the blue side in a cream with no shimmer.

It was slim pickings in Superdrug who didn't have any Essie at all and then I stumbled on a shop called Urban Beauty who had a number of different brands (some of which I'd never heard of before) and some OPI for £6.99, a small number of Essie and some Rimmel Salon Pro polishes.

The first polishes I bought were Rimmel, but I've never tried these Salon Pro ones before. The colour is 'Purple Rain' and exactly the shade I was after! It was a little thin on one coat and two coats seems to suffice, on reflection in the sun, it needs three.

The bottle is 12ml or 0.4 fl oz so larger than the normal Rimmel polishes and cost me £2.50 I think, usually these are £4.49 in the stores. The label says these polish have lycra in them, so I'll see what that does for the wear time and chip factor. Overall for that price, great colour and finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment