Sunday 8 March 2015

Cats and more adventures in Nail Art

After my adventures in Nail Art, I have been inspired but however unimpressed with my efforts. I did create a shimmery grey manicure with triangular metal studs, however I wasn't patience and mushed the polish when applying them.

Then my other half picked these puss puss decals up that were on the dining room table and said "When are you going to use these?". No better excuse so I thought I would.


I purchased these gorgeous decals on Etsy from NorthofSalem for the small sum of £3.41. The shop is in the US, but they arrived very quickly and the nice thing about these is that they are all different sizes, so great no matter if you have long or short nubbins.

Here's what I created with them along with an attempt to use some untrieds polishes.


In particular I needed to use this Acid Wash polish from ColorShow and based my theme around this. Personally I think it's too busy, I like the dotty nails and the cat decals, just not keen on the accent nail with the Acid Wash polish. I have all four of the Acid Wash polishes ColorShow came out with. The only one I really like is the one in the clear base. The others are to gloopy and sheer that you need several coats to make the base colour opaque. In the mani I layered it over the olive colour I used on my other nails, I stilled needed two coats.

Unfortunately you have to be VERY careful with Top Coating these decals, the first one I applied I topped with HK Girl quick dry top coat and it basically melted the decal. This one I used a bog standard top coat and then after I took this picture I decided I wanted to pop some H K Girl on too. I thought it would be OK having been top coated already, however it partially melted it's bum!

This manicure didn't stay on long and I'm pleased to say, third time lucky, I was very happy with my next Nail Art attempt. Inspired by the pattern on a top I bought from Primark, I created this design.


It's an abstract flower design, really pleased with the way they came out, and even better I figured out the macro lens I bought for my phone, so here's an EXTREME CLOSE UP!


I just used a nail art brush to dab the polishes on and layered each colour over each other. Very pleased with the results and this will be staying on my nails for as long as possible.

Whilst I was creating this manicure this is what my cat was doing, sitting on my nail art brushes. She doesn't like to sit on my lap when I do my nails, she doesn't like the smell of polish and remover.


Adding to my crazy cat lady theme, when hunting in Hobby Craft for Nail stuff and glitter, I came across these adorable little wooden cats. My friend makes jewellery and so she helped me make them into these lovely earrings!



I've also bought shed loads of glitter and things to stick on to my nails. I also bought quite a few glass pendants and housings so I'm hoping to make some nail polish jewellery, more on that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment