Thursday 19 March 2015

Phone Case Inspired Mani

I recently changed my phone case and thought that the pattern on my old one would make for an interesting nail design.

I think I'm also finding my own style and the type of manicures I like to do most. The last few manicures I did in the last 31 day challenge were around water colour type of effects or abstract art designs. These are what I enjoy most and think look great on my nails.

So here was my next challenge and I managed to dig out quite a few of my untrieds in order to create this look.


I started off with my favorite off-white polish 'My Boyfriend Scales Walls' from OPI as my base. I used an ultra fine long thin nail brush to start the design. I started with black to create the lined diamond shapes you can see above, making them using a variety of long and different shaped lines.

Then I used that same long tipped brush to paint on the other colours around the outside of the black shapes. I started with the orange, then moved on to the pink, purple and finished with the light blue, dark blue and anywhere I thought needed darkening up I went over with the black. Here's the finished result.


Super tricky to get a good pic of this and to capture the colours. Here's a good old close up so you can see the design and get a better idea of how it was created.


Very, very happy with this design and will be looking out for more inspiration from everyday things.

I also had a little splurg a little while ago and here is one of the goodies I horded. Essie's 'Dive Bar' this was a stop gap between my Nail Art attempts.


This was two coats and Top Coat, the first coat was rather patchy but second coat went on like a dream. This polish is a very dark teal with a colour shift to purple, my favorite colours. What are yours?



No comments:

Post a Comment