Sunday 3 May 2015

Latest accidental polish purchase

I made a bit of a boob whilst taking a trip to Sally's to pick up some Acetone last week. There were quite a few polishes in the area that is usually reserved for discounted goods, so picked up 5 polishes thinking I was bagging a bargain. I should have realised as the one OPI I picked up was from their recent 50 Shades of Grey collection, which hasn't been out long and it turns out the 3 China Glaze I purchased are from the 'All Aboard' collection.

Anyway to cut a long story short they were full price, so I've treated myself to a mani using three of them.


The dark Grey is the OPI called 'Dark Side of the Mood', this is a colour I don't have already. I have a few light greys but not dark, I think this will look great on it's own for an everyday work manicure. Formula was a little sheer though and it took three coats for full opacity. The metallic red is my first Morgan Taylor polish called 'Vixen in a Mask'. I didn't realise Morgan Taylor were on a par with OPI in terms of price. Finish was nice but I did have tip wear very quickly with this polish.

The accent nail is China Glaze 'Loco-Motive' a lovely glitter topper with small grey/black glitter and larger copper coloured hex glitter. 

On a cheaper note, I picked up some more Revlon ColorStay polishes from PoundWorld. I've a few polishes from this range already and they are really great. Seems revlon are selling these off as they have reformulated this range as a gel style polish.

I used the black called 'Stiletto' and the purple called 'Bold Sangria' for the gradient below. Funny, 'Bold Sangria' looked a burgundy colour in the bottle and pleasantly surprised that it's this lovely purple shade.


The other colours I picked up were a grey/blue called 'Blue Slate' a pastel coral called 'Sea Shell' and a metallic copper/red called 'Cayenne" which I'm really looking forward to trying. As I created a gradient with these, can't vouch 100% for the formula, but they are pretty pigmented as you can see from the picture. All the other polishes I own from this range are spot on in formula and usually 2 and in some instances 3 coats for full coverage. They dry to a lovely shiny finish too. I'm definitely keeping an eye out for other colours in this range that I don't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment