Sunday 18 October 2015

A all new level of addiction - £1 Polish

A little while ago I discovered that PoundWorld/Land sells top quality branded nail varnish that can retail from anywhere between £5.99 and £6.99 for just a quid!

The brands that I've seen them stock already are:

  • Revlon ColorStay
  • Revlon Parfumerie (You can still buy these full price in Boots at £6.49)
  • Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure (CSM)
  • Rimmel
  • Bonita Polish
  • NYC (Recently PoundWorld were selling these in packs of three for £1) These sell for £1.79 each in places like Boots and Superdrug. 
The main reason from what I understand on why you can buy these in PoundWorld/Land is that brands change formula or discontinuing lines as in the case of the Revlon ColorStay polishes. The majority of the Sally Hanson polishes I've picked up particularly from the CSM line are from old collections so maybe just left over polishes that they haven't been able to sell.

I'm certainly not complaining and everyone loves a bargain, and if you love polish as much as I do and aren't shopping for a particular colour it's a great way to find top quality polishes for a great price to add to your collection.

Now this is where the problem gets worse. The Revlon lines seem to have a definitive amount of polishes in the ColorStay and Parfumerie lines and once I'd bought a few, I wanted to complete my whole collection. PoundWorld/PoundLand etc... don't obviously carry the whole collection and these polishes appear at random, but now I want them all!


Fortunately I travel around a bit at the moment and have the opportunity to visit some Pound shops a bit further a field, and I've been able to pick up most of the line, but there are still some colours that are alluding me!

See how lovely they all look though, and think about how lovely they all will look if I had the WHOLE collection!!! It's become a bit of an obsession and now I trawl the internet trying to find the missing colours for a reasonable price. For some reason I've seen listings on Amazon for the rarer polishes ranging from £15 to £30. I'm not THAT mad.

What polishes do you lust after and what lengths have you gone to bag the polishes you desire?


No comments:

Post a Comment