Monday 14 July 2014

Detash Swap and my first Indie polishes


As I mentioned in my last post, I recently took part in a facebook Group Nail Polish Swap and this is the lovelies that I received! 

My first of three brands here, a Seche polish in 'Pretty Little Heart Breaker' the pink polish on the left, a KR polish in '004' which is a lovely turquoise colour with gold, turquoise and purple glitters (think there is some bar glitters too), a Laval gelly polish in 'Sugar Plum' (I'm thinking gelly Sandwich here) and a 17 polish in 'Copper'. As well as these four polishes my swap partner sent me some sweets, a card, some striping tape and some tip guides. Overall a very enjoyable experience which I will definitely do again, only when I feel have have some polishes I can bear to part with. That was the hardest part!

Last month I also bought my first indie nail polishes from Rainbow Connection (Oh crap I've just gone to the site to get the URL and they now have Cirque polishes for sale!). Another find thanks to the lovely ladies on the facebook nail Groups, these are so bad for my addiction and purse!

I went on the site to buy the latest top coat everyone is raving about, HK Girl. Forget about your Seche Vite ladies, HK Girl doesn't smudge your nail art and doesn't get thick and gloopy like Seche does, so go check it out, you won't regret it.

So it would be rude just to buy the one item, I mean lets face it, Top Coat is not really nail polish is it? So I had a shifty round the many Indie brands they stock. One thing that is annoying about the site though, is many polishes are sold out. I found myself finding something I like only to find it wasn't available, so annoying. Anyway I didn't let that stop me and bought two! The first is a polish by a company called Wing Dust and it's called 'Steel Town Girl'.


Lovely, lovely dark blue gelly polish with shredded glitters in gold and teal. Opaque in 3-4 coats so I layered it over Color Clubs 'Baldwin Blues' as the colour match was pretty accurate. Love it, very pleased with my first Indie polishes. The other was 'Ember' by Ethereal Lacquer, swatches to come soon when I also show you the Indie polishes I bought from Stellar Nail Polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment