Sunday 20 July 2014

Nail Polish Splurge - The Good and the Bad


I had a bit of a splurge this week. Mostly at Superdrug and Poundland, many a bargain to be had. Whilst I was on a nail polish roll and buying a few things in New Look, I spotted these Kelly Brook polishes by the till. I was purchasing a pale orange dress and the colours below attracted me, I thought these would match and offset the dress.


Plus, look at the bottles. Aren't these the cutest?

Well, the colours and the bottles maybe the best thing about the polishes, as the formula, application and THE SMELL are NOT good. In the above manicure, I used the left polish in a gorgeous light blue with a sparkle running through it. (These polishes have no names either, shame on your Kelly Brook!) The application was patchy and the polish quite thick. The above is two coats, could have used three as you can still see the nail line. I tried to even the finish out with top coat.

I'm just really disappointed with them, and at £2.99 each the formula should be so much better, if Barry M can do it, GOSH and many other brands at the same price, why not these? Sinful Color polishes sell for £1.99 and £1 if bought from Poundland and the quality is so much better.

I used the pale orange for a pedicure, and the formula was better than the glittery polish, but still, the smell and the streaks! Yuck! I'd include a picture, but don't really want to share my trotters with you all. Especially as I'm running a lot at the moment, not a pretty sight!

Anyway on to bigger and better things... I found these in Superdrug by MUA!


Just LOOK at these glitters, really unusual and the colour combinations are gorgeous. There are six in the whole collection and I bought just these four. (I know, how restrained of me!) The first three you can see are all the same combination of diamond glitters with really tiny bar glitters and micro shimmers, but as you can see come in different colour combinations. The one at the back is called 'Luna' and has blue, purple and white circle glitters. 

I did a quick swatch of one of these, it may take a little fishing and a few coats to build up the glitter, but just look at the colour combinations! The possibilities are endless with what colours you can layer these over, in terms of matching the glitters or just something that is going to totally contrast!

No comments:

Post a Comment