Monday 4 August 2014

No buy and untrieds


A challenge laid down by a fellow polishaholic, was to curb your nail varnish addiction by tallying up all your untried polishes and using as many as you can by the end of the month.

I was a little shocked and surprised that over half of my vast collection of polishes have been not so much untouched by human hand, but not touched the nails on either of my hands.

This is when I realised that I do have 'a bit' of a problem. Leading up to this revelation and challenge, I think I managed to buy about 30 polishes within only two weeks.

So challenge laid down and accepted, and doing the maths that means I could almost create a new manicure every day for the next six month using my untrieds (You understand some of these are glitter toppers). So far I have used eight of my untrieds and purchased no polish for two weeks.

 The latest mani, above is Nail Inc 'Regents Palace' a metallic purple polish with Revlon's 'Scandalous' as a topper for the accent nail. God this polish is gorgeous, and was one of the recent purchases. I've previously not been a big fan of Nails Inc, the only polishes I've had from this brand before were freebies with magazines. Both very light colours, which is something I don't wear often anyway, but the formula has been a bit gloopy and one even bubbled, but this may have been a dodgy top coat. Anyway this polish is a keeper and I'll definitely be wearing this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment