Monday 11 August 2014

No Buy - Lasted 3 weeks!

My 'No Buy' lasted a whole three weeks, until I spent the weekend in Manchester and this happened!


Through a facebook nail conversation I was alerted to the 2true polishes that Superdrug carry. I've seen these before but never picked up as I wasn't sure that they were any good. Then I was led to this post by the Nailsaurus and I was converted. 

The polishes above are 'Nicole' a gorgeous purple polish which had to bought after seeing the following swatches on Polly Polish! Just look at these, it's so shiny just on it's own! If Superdrug would have had the Glitterati polish in 'Shade 4' I would have had that too, but alas they did not.

So just the two, 'Nicole' and this amazing topper which was only £1.99. What a bargain for a polish with this effect. It has silver glitter and fine sparkles, that on the purple base shift from what looks to be gold, black and purple. It's going to look different over any colour you want to layer it over. As the Nailsaurus says it' called 'Shade no.2' or 'Clear Sparkle', so happy to still find it on the shelves at the second Superdrug I tried.


In the Arnale shopping centre I also had to walk past this huge essence nail polish display. Before the 'No Buy' I bought a few of these from the Wilkos website which are still sitting in my Untried list. These polishes are £1.60, and Wilkinsons at the moment are doing 3 for 2 deal. I've seen some great reviews of these polishes and the colour range is pretty good. They have a few glitter and effects polishes at about the £2 mark but if you're looking for a cheap cream colour then it's worth checking out your local Wilko's.

I also resisted reduced polishes in H+M and TKMaxx, THAT is how good I was. I'd decided I was only going to get the three 2true polishes and that was it! Still it's a broken 'No Buy' and still many Untried I need to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment