Tuesday 26 August 2014

essence polishes from Wilkinsons


So I've been told that Wilkinson stores stock a makeup brand called essence and this includes a rather fine array of polishes at rock bottom prices. These little bottles of happiness are just that! At a slightly smaller size of 8ml where OPI are 14ml, these polishes are £1.60 and when I bought mine they were buy 2 get 1 free!

You honestly can't go wrong with these polishes, apart from the messy mani above! The quality is amazing and you can even get away with one coat! They dry to a very satisfying sheen without top coat, and the brushes are wide and make for easy application. 


The above colour is 'berry me now' and was the first of these polishes I tried, very happy with everything. Colour, finish, application, consistency and durability, I can't fault the polish. Even better that some other more expensive brands!

I used the three colours below to attempt my first patch work mani (top). This was inspired by a Pin from Chole's nails, here's her tutorial and much neater mani. Unfortunately the tape method didn't go to plan and I ended up doing the last colour free hand, which you can tell.  


Colours from left to right are ' prom-berry', 'berry me now' and 'let's get lost'. Formula on all three was perfect and the purple has a very slight metallic finish to it. As well as the price I like the fact the bottles are smaller, it gives me a fighting chance of actually finishing a whole bottle of Nail Polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment