Friday 10 October 2014

31 Day Challenge - Inspired by a Artwork and a Flag

I've been wanting to try a splatter manicure for a while and now was my chance. It's not so much inspired by a painting, but you could say an artist and reference Jackson Pollock. So here it is! I checked out a few tutorials first to get an idea of what I needed to do and opted for the dip a straw in your polish method and blow it on your nails.


Some worked better than others and I ended up with a few splodges where I probably had too much polish in the straw, but again happy with my first attempt. 

That's what I've really enjoyed about this challenge that it's actually got me round to having a go at all the great nail art I see on the Internet.

So that was Day 27. Day 28 was inspired by a flag, and I chose Cuba! Cuba is one of those places I'd love to go and I read a really great autobiography called 'Waiting for Snow in Havana' a few years ago. It really intrigued me about the history and the still Communist Government that it's ruled by, that has helped the country retain it's unique culture and society.

Here's what the Cuba Flag looks like (incase you didn't know):

And here's what my manicure looks like:


Stamped stars are a little wonky, I'll admit that, and I supposed I could have coloured them in. Reminds me more of Captain America or Wonder Woman I think.

Only three more challenges to complete and I'm only two weeks behind!





No comments:

Post a Comment