Sunday 5 October 2014

31 Day Challenge - Inspired by Fashion and a Pattern

Day 25 was a design inspired by fashion, so I took the design from a scarf I purchased recently as my inspiration rather than something from the catwalk. I've found it hard to find my own style over the years but something that always sticks with me and that also goes in and out of fashion is Grunge. I grew up in the 80's not really finding any music I liked or could identify and then in 1992/93 I found Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden. This music scene, largely from Seattle had it's own signature fashion style too. The boys wore ripped jeans, band T-Shirts and lumberback shirts with green army Eddie Vedder style jackets. Whilst I wore DM's tie die tights and denim shorts with big baggy jumpers, and wishing I could carry off the Courtney Love Baby Doll dress. But looking more like a fat member of L7. 

Anyway, Grunge on the catwalk now tends to refer to these type of non coloured patterned items, and to my delight there is a lot of this about at the moment. This scarf looks like tree branches very similar to these nail wraps I bought a wee while ago.

So I tried to recreate this on my nails after seeing a similar manicure on Instagram by nailblazer and asking them how they created the effect. Using a fan nail art brush apparently, so that is what I did.
  

Similar to Day 25, I took inspiration for Day 26 'Inspired by a Pattern' from a dress I own from a company called Amari. There is a little shop in the town that I live and this is one of the brands they stock. This dress is made out of a light fleece like material and is just the best thing to wear in winter. I wear it over a pair of skinny jeans and it's so comfy and warm.


Anyway you can see the pattern here, and my attempt to replicate it. I'm thinking I need a lighter hand and also Mr Blobby springs to minds.

I'm massively behind with the challenge having been away for a long weekend during the last week of the challenge, and I was already 2, maybe 3 days behind then. I am however going to continue until I finish all manicures, I'm keen to do this again next year, like many nail blogger do and see if I've improved. I do hope so from the above attempt!

No comments:

Post a Comment