Saturday 4 October 2014

31 Day Challenge - Inspired by a film and a book

The last week or so of the 31 Day Challenge is a series of manicures inspired by different things. Day 23 was a film. One of my favourite films for ages directed by Spike Jonze is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. With my limited nail art skills how was I going to interpret the film on my nails though? So I Googled and I Pinteresed until I found this:


So I used the background of this Poster or DVD cover as the inspiration for my manicure and this is how it came out...


I do love a good gradient and the lines give it an added something. I wore this all day without the clouds as I was running out of time and added these the next day. Pretty pleased with how they came out!

Day 24 was inspired by a book, and I thought I'd use the book I was currently reading. I run a monthly book club at work and we've all put our suggestions into a hat and picked out a book to read each month. This month is The Crow Road by Iain Banks. The cover is black and white and I wanted to add a bird or birds, or even a feather to the design. But my tests looked rubbish and my birds like ticks. So I did this and left it how it was, I guess this could be inspired by any book...


I used Models Own 'Coconut Cream' as the base, this smells LOVELY. One of the better scented polishes I own.


1 comment: