Monday 29 December 2014

November Untrieds Part 2

So my previous untrieds can be excused, but not this one! I went on a bit of a splurge at Rainbow Connection when they first started selling Cirque polishes. This is one I'd not gotten round to trying in 'Vaudeville' described as a muted lavender with gold and turquoise sparkles. As with all the Cirque polishes I purchased, formula is perfect and finish is stunning.


Time to step up my untrieds numbers with a saran wrap mani that I first tried on my last day of the 31 day nail art challenge. I picked three lovely shades to go together, No7's 'Cruising' and 'Betty Blues' and OPI's 'Skull and Glossbones'. Only second time round with this technique, happier with some nails more than others, but colour combo worked, and three untrieds ticked off the list.  


Next I really wanted to try the Chevron guides I was given in my Nail Polish Swap and do something a bit different with Color Shows Bleached Neon polish in 'Sun Flare'. This is what I came up with, using Barry M 'Blueberry' as the tip and chevon colour. A little messy on close inspection, but looked quite striking at first glance and provoked a few comments. Another two polishes used. Not really a winter colour scheme and it clashed with what I was wearing but maybe something to revisit in the Spring/Summer.


Excuse the chips in the next pic, I'd been wearing the polish a few days before taking a pic and had washed a few dishes. It was time to try these PS polishes from Primark that I'd been hearing about. These disappointingly don't have names, so this is just a creme red.

For £1 a pop, I was really impressed with this polish, the application and formula were as good as any £3-£5 polishes I have and the last time (barring washing dishes) was very good! I went back to Primark in December and purchased 'a few' more!


No comments:

Post a Comment