Monday 29 December 2014

November Untrieds

I kept my part of the bargain and bought no further polish during the month of November. The untrieds number are on a go slow though and although there has been SOME purchases in December the total untrieds that are now trieds are 28, here's some!

Having finally received my new stampers from China, I thought I'd give them a go over Revlon's ColorStay in 'Bonsai'. Worked better than my Konad circular stamper, but as you can see here, the middle of the dots are missing, but that might have been the polish and not the stamper. Thinking about it though, I'm sure I used the stamping polish I bought from Rainbow Connection, will have to try harder!


Next up, I was very excited to try one of my Models Own HyperGel polishes from this set I bought from Superdrug for £15, very good bargain for 10 polishes at 10ml (not that much smaller that a full size Models Own Polish).


First out was this lovely bright red in 'Red Lustre'. Application was smooth and I think this was two coats and was pretty shiny without Top Coat but I can't help but apply a layer of HLK Girl to protect any mani and so that is what I did. Very impressed with the formula and the colour really popped.


This is quite sad, but I created an excel spreadsheet of all my untrieds and to try and get me to use ones I've never reached for before, I got the other half to help with creating a formula to assigned random numbers to all polishes and then sort them in numerical order. So next on my list was Sally Hansen's Extreme Wear polish in 'Kiwi Bikini' which I've probably had for nearly a year and never used. It was  pound shop purchase and I have to say I really loved the colour!


I added a few gem's which I also NEVER do and topped the whole lot of with HK Girl and have to say these babies stayed put the whole time I kept this mani on! I'll be revisiting this polish again with another colour to compliment it!

Next was another Model's Own HyperGel, this time in my favourite shade purple, and a bright shade it is too, this is 'Purple Glare'. My list was now throwing up my many Glitter toppers that have never seen the light of day so chose to use Claires 'Oscar' as an accent nail on this mani. The Glitter is Rose Gold and Gold and didn't think it would match the polish, but I think it works. Again the HyperGel polish was of equal consistency as the red I tried previously and again the colour was lovely and bright!




No comments:

Post a Comment