Monday 29 December 2014

Untrieds cont... and Xmas Nails

My birthday is in the first week of December so I took myself off to Manchester on a little shopping spree and in search for a MoYou stamping set that Boots were selling. I'd already scoured my local Boots to no avail and my mission was to find one in Manchester. 

I finally tracked the sets down and picked up the Mother Nature set for £26.99. This includes two stamping plates, three stamping polishes and a scraper and stamper.

This is my first go over Sephora by OPI in 'Mermaid to Order'. Overall very happy with the results and I had no issue picking up the image and transferring it onto my nail. Much better than the Konad stamper I have which tends to stretch the image, or that may be my application. But the worked much better for me. A few more practises and consideration on placement and these will look the business.


Next I wanted something a little more Christmassy and tried one of Primarks PS textured polishes. This was three coats to ensure the nail line was completely covered and the finish was so pretty and sparkly, perfect for Christmas. One thing I did notice with this polish is that it didn't want to dry quickly. Maybe it was the three coats applied without ample time for drying fully inbetween. However with my experience in polish it was taking much longer to dry that expected. I decided to top with HK Girl for a quick finish which didn't spoil the finish at all as it's not an overly textured polish. 


The Nail Group I'm a member of have some really talented people who post some beautiful manicures, not only is the nail work great but also their execution and skill at capturing the polish on camera. Puts my dingy photo's to shame. This manicure is inspired by a lady called Anna Wheeler who posts some gorgeous pictures. Her version is flawless and she has managed to make the crackle much finer than mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment