Thursday 5 February 2015

Day 25 & 26 of Challenge - Complement and Contrast and Fishtail Braid

I've wanted to do this combination for a while and saw this manicure on Pinterest AGES ago using Sally Hansen lustre shine polishes in Azure and Scarab. This was months and months before these polishes started appearing in Pound World, and I never thought I'd get my sticky little mitts on them.

Not contrasting so much this manicure but these polishes go VERY well together. So well in fact that I didn't in the end use the sponging technique to create the gradient, as the polish wasn't quite dry and was creating bald patches when dabbing it on.


I ended up just painting the dark blue polish on the ends of my nails and blending it in to the base colour, worked pretty well and gorgeous colours!

Next day's theme is Fish Tail Braid, not something I have ever done on my nails or on my hair before. I watched a few tutorials on YouTube which make it look easy, it was however NOT!


Apologies for appalling picture, and messy manicure. Think this would have been better if the two purples I used were much different shades, they are too similar and merge into each other. I took this off the next morning before going to work as I thought it was a bit garish.

I will attempt this again I think, and pick my colours more carefully... 5 days to go and 5 days behind!



2 comments:

  1. I love the one using the Lustre shines, they're such beautiful polishes. I think you did a great fishtail for the 1st attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sam, was very happy to find these polishes in Pound World, think I have four of them now. WIll try again with the fishtail manicure and pick colours that contrast more next time.

    ReplyDelete