Saturday 14 February 2015

My Top 5 Polishes

This post was inspired by Samantha Rogers over at The Nail and Beauty Files who did a post on her Top 5 polishes. Go check her blog out, she has some great post on not just nail related stuff but also make up reviews. 

So it got me thinking on what mine may be, a few sprung to mind straight away, and then when delving into my stash, it became very difficult to whittle them down to five. Here's what I came up with:


My choices are from top middle, and clockwise order:

Deborah Lippmann - Video Killed The Radio Star
Barry M - Persian
Color Show - Rose Chic
OPI - Love, Peace and OPI
Orly - Oui

Let's start in no particular order with 'Video Killed the Radio Star'. This stunning blue polish is from Deborah Lippmann's Summer 2014 80's Rewind collection. It's the brightest pure blue polish that I own and formula is spot on.


WARNING this polish stains like a bitch if you're a doofus like me and apply it without a base coat, but hey I was out and about and had to try it. I've topped it here with 'Floral Street Muse' from Nails Inc. If you're a fan of blue polish, like me, you need this in your collection. The shade is like no other blue polish I own.

Next up is a Barry M polish from their Aquarium collection called 'Persian'. It's a Duo-chrome that shift from purple, to gold to burgundy. I do have a soft spot of Duo-Chrome polishes and this one really delivers on the colour shift. 


It's one of those polishes that when you put on you can't stop looking at. Barry M just keeping coming out with these gorgeous effect polishes and glitters at the moment and they are so well priced.

Up next is a colour that I don't normally wear, it's a pink, well rose gold polish if you want to split hairs, from Color Show. I'm not sure what made me buy it, think it was when Superdrug were doing one of their buy one and get on half price offers. However I'm a sucker for a textured glitter polish and this is exactly what this is. 'Rose Chic' is one of four textured polishes from the Crystallize collection. Just a mini rant here, Maybelline released four Crystallize polishes over here in the UK, and in the US they released six, this seems to be a common theme. 


Next is a polish I love but haven't warn in ages and decided to pop it on my nubbins tonight as I didn't have a swatch to show. Possibly my favourite polish brand when I first started collecting these little bottles, OPI was something that I thought was unobtainable, at first...

This is OPI's 'Peace, Love and OPI' and is another colour shifting polish. As per, the picture does this polish NO justice, as it shifts from a gun metal grey to burgundy/brown which you can see here and green. Blummin gorgeous and formula amazing, I wish I hadn't left it so long to wear again.


Last but not least is Orly's 'Oui' which is everything I hoped that this polish would be. Again this was a brand that I can't buy anywhere near me and on a trip down South I was taken to a shop called Bond Link and I bought this polish and I think I may have even bought 'Love, Peace and OPI' at the same time too. 

Now I have several polishes that look to be the same type of colour and effect in the bottle but this is the only one that really transitions the shimmer on to the nail.


It shifts between a purple and burgundy, again like some of my other polish picks, but this also has a gorgeous gold shimmer running though it. I think I may need to pop this on my nails next.

Hope you liked this post and that the polishes I picked weren't too similar. I made a conscious effort to pick polishes from different brands but not colours or effects. I love Duo-Chromes and purple, burgundy and blue polishes so this is where my favourites lie. So I think I'll blog soon about my fav. purple polishes, as I have A LOT.

 I'd be interested in hearing what your Top 5 polish picks are, let me know in the comments below.

3 comments:

  1. All of these polishes are beautiful. But that OPI is especially beautiful. I have Barry M Persian too and love it. The colour shift in it is stunning. I'm a sucker for a duo chrome too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any of the other duo chrome polishes from Barry M, I think there is a few in the Aquarium collection. May need to invest.

    If you don't have the OPI one, I'd highly recommend it. Nail Polish Direct have it for a good price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have all of the Barry M Aquarium polishes and love them all. I think you would like the blue and green ones, they're really lovely. I'll definitely be getting that OPI as soon as my no buy is over!

      Delete