Sunday 1 February 2015

Days 24 & 25 of Challenge, White Base and Decals

I've done plenty of manicures during this nail art challenge that start off with a white base, and now I'm understanding just how important a good white polish is. I have three that I've been using, 'Cotton Buds' by Butter London, 'Snow Me White' by Sinful Colours and a white PS polish from Primark which I bought for 80p and this is what I used for my white base here.

Aswell as white other light colours have become essentials when doing nail art, OPI's 'My Boyfriend Scales Walls' is a favourite of mine and of many bloggers as it's an off white. This has led me to start hunting down other off white colours that have a hint of something else in them.

Anyway I digress, this design I found on Pinterest and is by SparrowNails and is her Triangle Gradient Nail design.


I used 'Purple Glare' and 'Blue Glint' both Models Own Hyper Gel polishes and this gorgeous Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure polish in 'Aria Ready'. I used some scotch tape to mask off my nails and used the sponging technique to apply the three colours as a gradient. Very happy with the way the gradient triangles came out. Will be trying this again and the colours worked really well together.

Speaking of Models Own they have an amazing SALE on at the moment where if you buy more that four polishes they are half price!


It ends midnight on February the 4th, so if you've been after some Models Own polishes and fancy picking up some of their gorgeous new Colour Chrome polishes get yourself over to their online store or bottle shop. I had a bit of an accident on their on line store myself today! 

Day 24's theme is Decals and a chance to use some of the lovely stuff I bought from She Sells Seashells a UK shop that sells all kind of nail accessaries. I was after some chevron nail stickers and saw these flower decals for £1.75.


I was still in the mood for gradients so complete the look with a few gradient nails, using varying shades of dusty pink/red.

As last time, I'm a week behind with the challenge, but will be finishing!




No comments:

Post a Comment