Saturday 4 January 2014

Flower Stamping Manicure


My friend is getting married soon and as part of the hen weekend activities I'll be showing the gals how to do nail art. So I thought I'd better practise and of course buy some more stamping plates and some proper Konad stamping polishes as I don't seem to have that many polishes that stamp very well.

Here I used (I think) Color Club's 'De-luxe-cious' as the base which is a gray/sliver with sparkle. I say I think as I bought a Color Club Set from TK Maxx and the names of the polishes are written on the back of the box and not on the bottles and I've mixed the bottles round. Also it seems that the UK versions are different to the US as these polishes look different when searching for them on the internet.

To stamp I used the 'Metal Nails' polishes I got for Christmas along with Konad Stamping Plate m65.



Some of the colours didn't work as well as others, such as the pink and gold. But the blue and green worked well and I used Color Club's 'Resort to Red' for the red flowers. I used two colours on the stamping plate so that the stalk and leaves were green and the flowers were a different colour. Seems to have worked quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment