Sunday 26 January 2014

Model's Own Scented Polish Mini Haul


I was ordering some clothes on asos last week and needed to bump up my order to qualify for free delivery, so added a few bottles of polish to my order.

I've had my eye on this Fruit Pastel collection from Models Own for a while, but saw some reviews online that didn't rate them very well, however asos were selling these for £3.50 a bottle (normally £5). I also don't have any Models Own polishes or any of these type of colours. I prefer much darker colours, but I really, really want to do an ombre manicure, I have plenty of blues and purples so I'm hoping these are going to be the perfect accompaniment for the lighter colours for the manicure. I also have been looking for the perfect pastel yellow to go with a dress I bought for wedding attendance. The two yellows I currently possess, from Barry M and Rimmel are too bright and the Barry M one in particular takes 3 to 4 coats to get perfectly opaque.

Initial playing with these polishes, seem that they cover great in two coats but they don't really smell like the fruit the colours relate to, they just smell like nail polish. So from left to right the colours are... 'Banana Split', 'Apple Pie', 'Blueberry Muffin' and 'Grape Juice'. There is another polish in this collection called 'Strawberry Tart' but asos were clean out of this one. Needless to say I shall have to source this last polish too. Quite often Boots will have Model's Own on Sale for 3 for 2, so if you're a fan of this brand, keep an eye out. I've also got my eye on their 'Velvet Goth' collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment