Sunday 26 January 2014

New Adventures in Nail Wraps


I received some OPI nail wraps at Christmas but have yet to give them a go, my friend Sandrine used them before we went out for my birthday last year, and they looked fiddly and after reading some instructions online it appears it would be better to get someone to do them for you and also a lamp would be useful.

Anyway I saw these 'Talons' wraps in Boots on sale, I think they were £4 and really loved the design. The instructions on the back, said you needed no base or top coat and you simply cut the wraps to the desired size and stuck them to your nails.

I did these on my own and found it hard to stick them to my nail without getting bumps, and cutting the right hand wraps down to size was tricky with my left hand. I also think I need a new nail file as any excess wrap left at the end of the nail needed filing off. Tricky to do without showing tip wear. Next time I'll paint my nails a similar colour I think before sticking. Not sure if that will prevent them from sticking or not.

On day two now of nail wraps, I've showered and done the washing up and and they are still attached. Still bumpy though, removal says to peel them off with warm soapy water, so I thought they'd come off when washing the pots, but seems not. Let's see how long they'll last!

No comments:

Post a Comment