Friday 28 February 2014

Going naked


My false nails are yet to arrive from feelunique.com, seems they disappeared into a black hole at the couriers (that's what the customer service person I spoke to implied), so they sent me a replacement today. However the rest of my Models Own Velvet Goth collection arrived, and as much as I want to wear all of them all at once I've resisted.

You see all this nail polish wearing is leaving my nails somewhat discoloured and they are turning a shade of yellow I'd rather they didn't. So I've decided to go naked and leave off the polish for a week, although how much difference one week is going to make I'm not sure. But letting them see the sunlight even for a wee while has to be better than never.

I've used some Nail Envy to keep them shiny and to stop them from breaking and last weekend I also scrubbed them in some water and bicarb of soda to try and brighten them up. I'd seen somewhere that this helps, and I'm sure that professionalHQ mentions something about a nail whitening product that you can use in her nail care routine video here.

Until I can get my hands on some of this I'll keep using the bicarb. I'm off to get a proper manicure this weekend as I bought a new cuticle tool and made a bit of a mess of mine. I know people say don't cut them, but I was trying to tidy them up, unsuccessfully. The tool as well as a cuticle pusher has this little pronged end with a V shaped cutter and by all accounts it's pretty sharp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment