Monday 17 February 2014

Wedding Manicure


On Saturday my friends Steph and James got married in a lovely country pub in Cheshire. I love a good wedding I do, and this was certainly an eventful day.

The weather was a bit wet and windy, but we didn't have to venture out and it was lovely a toasty in the pub, especially after a bit of wedding dancing, looking like a fool.

Anyway down to details, I wanted something to match this amazing dress I bought from Debenhams, and although you probably can't see it from the picture the detail on the top half of the dress has green and purple in it. So I painted my nails in OPI's 'Don't Mess with OPI', a polish I hadn't used and broke out my Konad stamping polishes in White and Black Pearl.

I used Konads stamping plate M82 and alternated two of the different flower designs on each nail. I'm hiding my ring finger behind the polish as I broke this sometime Saturday night. It was already half broken, but quite far down and I'd cobbled together a fix with some nail glue and part of a tea bag, something I saw on You Tube.

You also can't see my thumb in this picture as I've just purchased the most amazing polish by Color Club called 'The Uptown' and I'd tried it on my thumb to see what it looked like. I can't describe it, I'll have to do one of my next manicures in it and show you just how amazing it is. I caught a first glimpse of it on Nail Call's Blog. The polish looks nothing like the colours on her swatches here as it does on my nails and I think that it's going to be one of polishes that changes colour depending on what you layer it over. So let's see...

No comments:

Post a Comment