Wednesday 19 February 2014

Models Own Velvet Goth - soon to be collection


So after my purchase of Models Own Fruit Pastels collection and being fairly happy with the polishes, formula and smell! (They are scented) I started to take a little more notice of the brand and their Velvet Goth collection. 

Fortunately for me whilst perusing TK Maxx, they had one of the collection called Sardonyx, which would have been the least likely of the collection I would have been tempted with first, but hey it was £2.99 and I couldn't resist.


The polish is a little gloppy but goes on pretty well apart from a little cuticle flooding. Despite that I think you could pretty much get away with one coat, I've used two here with top coat. I top coated the polish as the finish was a little matt on it's own and I also wanted to make the glitter in the colour really pop!


Just experimenting with some different shots and settings on my camera phone to see if I can capture the polish in a better light. Please also excuse my very short nail on my ring finger on the first picture, this is the one that went awol on Saturday night. I've been hunting around for some natural false nails to use when this type of thing happens, and found some on feelunique.com. This site has nubar and spar ritual polishes too, neither of which I own any off, but I can't justify buying any more polish until I've tried all the ones I already own. 

Back to the Velvet Goth collection, I have of course now ordered the four other polishes in this collection as I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of wear out of the other colours. For a good look at the whole collection see Brit Nails Blog here. Plus I've been wearing this manicure now for two days now and no chips, so I think it's going to be a staple polish. The only thing I'm worried about is how difficult it's going to be to remove with all that glitter... 



No comments:

Post a Comment