Thursday 6 February 2014

Mermaid Manicure


Lazy mid-week manicure, I brought this GOSH 'Ocean' polish down to try and stamp with at the weekend but hadn't used it. So uninspired by my last manicure I needed a change and not having used this polish ever I thought that'll do!

Lovely shimmer and shift effect from a teal blue to a green and if that wasn't enough I thought a dash of sparkle would improve the look. So I topped with Sinful Colors 'Kissy' which is a perfect match for this polish. 'Kissy' is a blue\green jelly with gold micro glitter that shimmers and shifts this polish from blue to blue-y green and green. A perfect combination for the GOSH base polish.

I was going to use NYC's 'Green Day' Smoky Top Coat to finish off the look, but I applied it to my accent nail first and decided it was too dark and needed a different colour to compliment and define it better.


 Again 'Green Day' is another polish which I had not tried. I'd had my eye on it for sometime but never bought. NYC polishes are something like £1.99 from Superdrug and I picked up this and 'Rock Muse' another smoky top coat for £1.99 all together as it was BOGOF!!! 'Green Day' is a sheer black base nail polish with medium green circle glitters and gold and silver micro glitter. You may be able to get it opaque in 3 coats, but it's a Top Coat as it say on the bottle, so lets see what I can pair it with next. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment