Wednesday 12 February 2014

Wine Shimmer


I've had my eye on a few Zoya polishes, which you CANNOT get over here in the UK. The main polish being a blue polish with a holographic glitter running through it called "Dream". It looks like the night sky! You just can't get it in the UK, even online (Tell me if you know otherwise). All Ebay sellers of this polish are overseas and you have to pay shipping too.

Zoya also do a number of other polishes that have the same effect but in various colours, to get a good look at these including Dream, check out Hannah Eve's Zoya "Color Your World" Haul video. 

So I had an idea, I have a dark red and a dark blue Zoya polish and topped with some Color Show glitter gel polish I thought I could recreate the same effect and it ain't half bad. The manicure above is one coat, yes one coat of Zoya's 'Toni' topped with Color Club's "Wine Shimmer". Not the best capture on camera, but you can see the variation in colour in the holographic glitter in the bottle, and on the nail. I just haven't captured the range of colours. In the right light you can see blue, green and gold, not just red. I bought the Zoya polish on Ebay and paid about £9, and Boots were doing 3 for 2 on all Color Show polishes so I bought "Wine Shimmer" this dark red jelly like polish with holographic glitter, "Ocean Blue" the same formula in a dark blue and the last one is a holographic glitter in a clear base called "Glitter It". 

No comments:

Post a Comment