Sunday 6 April 2014

Glitter Gradient


Fancy night out last night to a rather fancy restaurant, and wanted to do something sparkly with my nails to match my dress.

Plumped for Zoya's 'Toni' as the base colour, a lovely rich dark burgundy with matched the colour of my dress perfectly and such a great polish. Practically a one coater if you know what you're doing. I don't so had to touch up a few patches.

Then over the top I'd daubed some of this lovely light gold glitter to create a gradient effect. This is from a brand I found at Tesco called Along Came Betty and the polish is called 'Swag'. It's a mini polish and came is a set with duo-chrome polish called 'Dollar'.


The right hand actually came out much better than the left, as I'd got the hang of it by then. I used a cut up make-up sponge to smudge the glitter polish once applied to the bottom of my nail. I was a bit heavy handed with the first hand and needed to cut a smaller piece of sponge so the glitter wouldn't end up over the entire nail.

Happy with result and eager to try some more gradient/glitter combinations with blues and purples, my favourite colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment