Monday 14 April 2014

Spring Pastel Gradient


Having watched JessFace90's Favourite Green Polishes video on YouTube and The Nailasaurus's tutorial on Gradient nails I wanted to do my first Spring manicure.

I don't usually wear light colours and pretty much the only pastel colours I own are these Models Own Fruit Pastels polishes.

It's hard to pick the gradient out on the picture and according to the other half (who is colour blind) on my nails too. He says they look all one colour, white.

I picked 'Blueberry Muffin as my base and 'Apple Pie' for the tips. I started off trying to follow the Nailasaurus video and blend the polishes before dabbing them on my nails with the makeup sponge. This, for me, was unsuccessful. So I adopted the technique I used with the glitter gradient I did a few weeks ago, and painted the tips and used the sponge to work the colour up my nail. 

The left hand as always, worked better than the right, next time I'll try with a contrasting colour, as the above, perhaps, was too subtle. Good colours to practise with though!

No comments:

Post a Comment