Monday 28 April 2014

Zoya Gem - A Disappointment


Time to try out my latest purchase. Zoya's 'Gem'! What a disappointment, that lovely gold shimmer you see in the bottle doesn't show up on the nail at all.

The colour, although gorgeous, shows up very purple on the nails and not at all the deep red you see in the bottle either. I tried an accent nail in China Glaze's 'Electrify' to try and bring some sparkly to the manicure, but I think the red and the gold glitter are completely the wrong colours to pair with this polish.

I cooked dinner after painting my nails and chipped the hell out of them, so redid the accent nails with Color Club's 'The Uptown' which works so much better!


This is a flaky polish in a sheer purple base, I swatched it over a blue polish to see what effect it would give. The gold/copper flakes you can see above looked pink over the blue polish, so something to experiment with. 

I do like the combination above, just disappointed with the lack of dimension on the Zoya polish. If it had looked as good on the nail as it did in the bottle, no glitter would have been needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment