Friday 16 January 2015

Day 11 & 12's Challenge - Reversed Polarities?

After getting Day 8's theme a little bit wrong I had to check up on Day 11's title of 'Reversed Polarities'. Luckily for me someone else on Instagram asked The Crumpet to clarify and was given the word Negative. So.... I had a go at a reverse gradient striping tape manicure that I saw Colette from My Simple Little Pleasures do on YouTube. This woman knows how to water marble, her designs are awesome.


Here is Colette's tutorial for this manicure.

I used three polishes to create my look, White (Sinful Colors - Snow Me White) a pale purple (Sinful Colors - Sweet Tooth) and a Navy Blue (Sally Hanson Complete Salon Manicure - Blue Rose). I painted my nails in the pale purple and created a gradient using a makeup sponge painted with the colours to dab on to my nails. Once done I topped with a quick drying top coat and placed three lines of striping ribbon on my nails. Then I used the same technique to create a gradient in the opposite direction over the tape. 

Very happy with the outcome apart from the messy edges around my cuticles.

Next up was a manicure inspired by a film. The last challenge I did included this theme too, I did 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind'. This time I used little imagination and went with Hunger Games using China Glaze's 'Electrify' from their Hunger Games collection.

I've only used this polish once before and wasn't keen. This time I layered it over Revlons 'Autumn Spice' a lovely dark shimmery brown and I rather like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment