Sunday 18 January 2015

Holo and Inspired by Pinterest - Days 13 and 14

It's safe to say that I have fallen behind in the second week, but I shall continue on. Realistically doing a new manicure (with nail art) EVERY day just isn't going to happen. As with the last challenge I'm enjoying trying new techniques, challenging myself and using my untrieds. This is going very well, I have now reduced my untried down to a mere 191 well below half of my collection.

So Day 13's theme was holographic and a nail polish effect I love, but only have a handful of. I'd never used GOSH 'Holographic Hero' before so wasn't sure if it was opaque or not, so I layered it over Revlon Parfumerie in 'Spun Sugar'. I'm not sure why the GOSH polish says for 24 hour wear, I'm not going to be wearing it longer than that anyway.


I topped with HK Girl, as I needed these dry before heading about my day, and the top coat seemed to dull the holographicness (is that even a word?). So I decided I needed something else and stamped this pattern from a Bundle Monster plate. Pretty chuffed with how this looks!

Next was to recreate a manicure from Pinterest, which I do all the time anyway. This is one I've tried before without much success, I couldn't figure out what order to put matt top coat and glitter on and whether to paint or dab the glitter. This time it came out much, much better. Here's the pin:


And here's my attempt...


I used Nails Inc 'Wigmore Street' as the base and Orly 'Fowl Play' for the glitter, turns out painting it on a sponge and then dabbing it on my nails worked best. I then topped them both off with a OPI Matt Top Coat. Lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment