Saturday 24 January 2015

Green Base and Tranquility

Day 15's theme was simply stated as 'Green Base'. Green for me is a funny colour, I do have quite a few polishes in varying shades of green but tend not to reach for them often. 

I copied this design from a picture online but I can't find it now, may have been Pinterest. What I like about this design and not something I do very often is having the two middle nails different to the rest. I used a thin nail art brush for the stripes of colour on the middle nails and topped everything off with China Glaze 'Golden Enchantment'.  


The next day's theme is Tranquility and I've wanted to do a sea type of design for a while. Orginally I'd seen the Nailasaurus Beach Wave Mani. But then when looking though her Blog I saw her Water Colour Gradient manicure and opted for this instead.

I found the video after doing the manicure, so first attempt was a bit of figuring it out. It's OK but next time I'll work longer at building up the colours and merging them into each other.


The ideas was that this looks like the seas which the sound of I find quite calming and tranquil.




2 comments:

  1. I really love both of these ones. The water colour gradient is gorgeous, it really does look tranquil! Wish I lived on your nails haha :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam, getting to try out loads more nail art techniques during this 31 day challenge, did my firs Blobbicure yesterday.

      Delete