Wednesday 7 January 2015

Day 3 & 4 of 2015 Nail Art Challenge

Almost as difficult as Water Marbling is Water Spotting. I've only tried this once before, unsuccessfully. So tried a different approach this time and by the time I did nail four, I think I'd almost got the hang of it. This manicure again is inspired and this time by Oh My Gosh Polish using Picture Polishes 'Fools Gold' a polish created in collaboration with The Nailasaurus. 


The idea behind this manicure is to make your nails look like Turquoise, with the gold glitter in 'Fool's Gold' it's a perfect polish to use. You can use any black creme polish to do your water spotting and the idea starts similar to a Water Marble. 

Take a cup or bowl of tepid water and add a few spots of polish so that it spreads out. You can then use any alcohol based spray on the polish to make it separate or 'spot'. Previously I tried it with HairSpray and nail varnish remover in a small spray bottle I bought, but it just didn't seem to work.

I've seen tutorials that use a spray hand sanitizer, but I couldn't find anything other than gel. I also tried a cheap perfume but that didn't work for me either. In the end I took one of my nail art brushes dipped it in acetone and tapped it on the side of the cup to spot the varnish, which seemed to work. First attempt on index finger was a botched job, too much polish, got there in the end though and now I kinda know what I'm doing, I'll give it another go.

Day 4 was tagged 'Hapiness' and I really didn't know what to do, so I just painted my nails my favourite colour purple (China Glaze 'What a Pansy') and stamped by favourite little black furry friend on them.


This is in honour of my puss cat Peedles, who is a very happy kitty indeed and makes me very happy too. Here she is in all her furryness!


Have you ever seen such a happy puss puss?


No comments:

Post a Comment