Sunday 11 January 2015

Days 7 & 8 of Nail Art Challenge

OK, I cheated a bit, back at work and training on Monday evening has made me fall behind a day so I painted both hands with Models Own Hyper Gel 'Naked Glow'. Did Day 6's Half and Half on the left hand and this on the right. The theme was Pink and Aqua, so I did some pretty stamping in those colours using my first and December purchased MoYou stamping set. 


Been after some of these bad ass stamping plates for a while, but their range is so vast and so gorgeous I really didn't know what plates to pick first.

This was solved just before Xmas, when I was alerted to the fact that Boots were selling MoYou sets. These sets include two plates, a stamper and scraper, and three stamping polishes for £22.99. SOLD!

There is three to choose from and I got the Mother Nature set pictured below.

I used the pink stamping polish from the set, and because the blue wasn't quite aqua enough, I used Sephora by OPI in "Mermaid to Order', which stamped surprising well.

You can use normal polish to stamp with, providing the colour and pigmentation of the polish is bright and opaque enough. It's just a process for trying them out to see which ones work and which ones don't. General consensus is that Barry M Gelly polishes work really well and the MUA polishes you can get a Superdrug for a £1 do too.

My understanding of Day 8's theme was a little off. The theme was 'Monochromatic' rather than 'Monchrome'. So I could have gone with different hues of one colour rather than just Black & White. But here's what I did anyway, using a bit of striping tape, no cheating here and both hands were painted the same.


Again I can't take the credit for this design and copied this this from Polly Polish. I used Butter London's 'Cotton Buds' as the white base and Revlon 'Espresso' from their Parfumerie range for the black. I smudged the lines by applying my top coat before the black was dry, but overall fairly happy with my attempt!

No comments:

Post a Comment