Tuesday 27 January 2015

Fire and Rainbow - Challenge Day's 19 and 20

Trying  catch up with me days this weekend but still falling behind. This quick evening manicure after the Monet success was a firery type affair. I tried the old marbling on the nail type of technique where you blob a couple of different coloured polishes on your nails and then use a tooth pick to drag and swirl the polish. I think the mistake I made here was choosing polishes that were to close in colour and shade. There are actually four different colours here, from gold to copper and light to a darker red. 

I wanted to use glittery and metallic polishes too to create a more abstract design rather than a obvious yellow to orange to red flame.  


Bright colours and rainbow type nails are not my favourite and I struggled to decide want to do both in last years challenge on the rainbow day theme and this. Oh yes I remember now, I did a Waterfall manicure using a few different colours, so not to gaudy.

This time I took my inspiration from Vlogger Jessface90 who did this rather dazzling Watercolor Nail Art Tutorial using OPI Sheer Tints. I've only used my mini tints once so a perfect opportunity to dust them off.


I used Maybelline Color Show in 'Light Up' which is from their Crystallize collection. It's a textured glitter polish very much like OPI Liquid Sands. The finish is gorgeous and even more so when I took the coloured top coats to it. I tried to merge the colours together and put the blue sheer tint next to the yellow so I'd get a bit of green in there too. Loved the way they came out.

You don't need to buy the OPI Sheer Tints if you fancy a bit of colour in your top coat. You can make your own coloured top coats by just taking a clear top coat (I'd recommend not using a quick dry one) and adding a few drops of any coloured nail polish to get the desired shade.

You can make a whole bottle or just mix together a little on some tin foil or plastic and use straight away. 





1 comment:

  1. The rainbow ones are so cool! What a great effect. I'm going to have to get my sheer polishes out to try I think. You've inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete