Tuesday 9 September 2014

31 Day Challenge - B&W and Metallic Nails


Days 6 & 7 of the 31 Day Challenge were a little more involved that previous days. First up Black and White. My other half mentioned I should do Humbug nails, but didn't have the time or patience to do the stripes so I did THIS! 

For the base I used Revlon's Parfumerie polish in 'Espresso', it was a toss up between this and China Glaze 'Liquid Leather', but I've not used the Revlon Polish so another one checked off my untried list. Great polish, goes on so smoothly and finishes to a lovely shine without top coat. For the white splatter I used Color Show's Acid Wash Effect in 'Top Splatter'. Really quite happy with the effect and will definitely do this manicure again and try the Splatter polish over other colours.

Day 7 was Metallic Nails and I totally ripped off this idea from Lou is Perfectly Polished. Her manicure is amazing and much neater than mine, I need to practise stamping more! Here's my efforts...


Smudgy at best, but you get the idea! check out Lou's Blog to see how it should have been done.

For this I used Barry M 'Denim' as the base, pretty much opaque in one coat and sooooo pretty. It's a dark blue with a silver shimmer running through it. I have worn this before but not on it's own, it's good to go without the smudgy stamping! The pattern is from Konad's m65 plate and stamped with Barry M Foil Effect polish in Silver.


No comments:

Post a Comment