Sunday 7 September 2014

31 Day Challenge - Blue and Violet



The next two days on the challenge have both my favourite nail colours, blue and violet. For the blue I chose Revlon ColorStay in 'Coastal Surf'. Holy crap, this polish is gorgeous, I DID not want to take it off. Opaque to this lovely finish in two coats and topped with HK Girl Top Coat. This polish is NOT going in the swap pile, it's a keeper.

I wasn't sure if a violet was a very specific type of purple and all the polishes I have with violet in the name are all very dark purple, so I chose save and picked a Barbara Daly mini polish that I've had for ages in 'Very Violet'.


I picked this up from Tesco, I have a few others of this brand but haven't seen any recently and they don't stock them in my local Tesco. This was chosen by my other half, actually so was the shade of blue. He's suggested Humbug nails for the B&W manicure!

Anyway, what makes this polish so special, and you can JUST about make out, is that it has a blue shimmer running through it. Great formula on this little polish, and I think I picked it up for 99p or something, it was in their Bargain Bin. I've just checked Tesco's online store and they have a few Barbara Daly polishes, £5 for a full bottle, but limited colours. So not sure if these are being discontinued. 

No comments:

Post a Comment