Sunday 21 September 2014

31 Day Challenge - Glitter and Half Moons

Glitter was the order for Day 17, and I liked the look of this manicure from naildecor which she calls a glitter moon manicure. She also has a Youtube tutorial of how she does this, but I can't figure out what she paints the area of the nails where the glitter goes before putting the glitter on. No idea! So I just popped on a couple coats of China Glaze 'Lotus Begin' and painted on this lovely glitter polish I picked up from Urban Outfitters called 'Cloud 9'.


Fairly happy with this, and smoothed out the glitter with a good coat of HK Girl top coat. Picture is a wee bit burned out, but you can see that glitter polish pretty good in the bottle. It has purple and silver glitters and the odd star too.

Day 18 was half moons, and I've never done these before. I also didn't have, and couldn't find any ring binder hole reinforcements to create by half moons. I had a quick look on Youtube for some tutorials and a lot of people just painted then on. One lady used a plaster, the ones with the curved edges, so I gave that a go!


It's fairly neat, I painted China Glaze 'Oxygen' as the base the night before and top coated, before popping on the sticking plaster and painting on Revlon's 'Raven Red. The moons look a little straight in this photo, but I can assure you, there is a curve. You can see better on the thumb.

Not sure if I like it... I'm going to buy some of those Ring Binder thingies and give it another go, might look better with a smaller moon. Next two days are looming and Day 21 is WATER MARBLE. I have never done this successfully, dreading it and the mess I shall make...

No comments:

Post a Comment