Thursday 11 September 2014

31 Day Challenge - Rainbow and Gradient


So I'm getting a little behind with my Challenge. Now a day and a half behind. Will catch up at the weekend hopefully. Anyway Day 9 was Rainbow Nails, which I have to say I was stumped with. It's not really my thing, and I needed to tone it down for work too. So this manicure was inspired by the Nailasaurus who has done the challenge for the last four years. 

I took her 2013 Rainbow manicure as my inspiration. She has some amazing manicures and as you can see a much steadier hand than I. However it was a first attempt at this Waterfall manicure and I was fairly happy with it.

The base is OPI's 'My Boyfriend Scales Walls' and the colours I used were a real hotchpotch of brands including Rimmel, Revlon and Sally Hansen.

Day 10 was gradient day and I knew exactly what I was going to do. I'd seen this post on a Holo Gradient on Chalkboard Nails ages ago and had yet to attempt it! This was my chance to crack open another gorgeous Holo Cirque polish and here's how it looks!


This is Cirques 'Never Nude' and 'Fascination Street' using the sponging technique to create the gradient. 

Now then... I had a bit of trouble with this!

I thought I had a great idea on how to make clean up quick and easy, having seen many tutorials using craft glue to mask cuticles whilst doing nail art. I thought, I know what glue peels off your fingers nicely, Decopatch glue, you can get from Hobbycraft. Seemed like a good idea at the time, and I'm not sure if it was due to the top coat being applied before peeling the glue off, or if it was just a bad idea in general. But it was a bugger to get off! Got the other half to help with removing the glue on my right hand before doing the gradient. Even that was a pain to peel off. So lesson learnt here then, don't be so damn stupid! 



No comments:

Post a Comment