Saturday 13 September 2014

31 Day Challenge - Dots and Stripes

I'm getting more behind with my challenge but persisting as much as I can, and I have to say I think the last two days have been a breakthrough in my previous dodgy attempts at striping and nail art.

Day 11 was Dots and I tried out a few colours and combinations and came up with this!


I cannot however take the credit for this idea. I was showing the other half my practises and he said, oh they look like pebbles on the beach. So I thought, that's a top notch idea, that's what I'll base my design on. I used China Glaze 'Metro Pollen-Tin' as the base for the sand. Maybe could have been a touch deeper and browner in colour, but I went with it anyways. 

I started off with a large dotting tool for the brown in Sinful Colors 'Nirvana' and did some smaller dots in the same colour. Then I alternated between the small dotting tool and large one with black, white, silver and a darker brown. I actually liked the manicure just with the base colour and brown dots. Really happy with the way it came out!

I also had a little moment in PoundWorld and picked up my first Sally Hansen Triple Shine polishes.


Seems they have a few of these brand coming through the door, alas they had no more of the Revlon Parfumerie or ColorStay polishes. These from left to right are, 'Changing Tides', 'Grape Jelly' and 'Sparkling Water'. The middle one I hear is like the OPI Sheer Tints, the name suggests it a Jelly but you can see how sheer it is from the photo as you can see the brush.

I also popped in to Boots and they were selling Barry M, buy one and get on half price, I picked up these limited edition polishes, but I think they have been out for a while. This was going to be the original colours for my dots manicure. 


Love the caps on these, left is 'Carousel' and right is 'Bikini.' I picked up Carousel as I'd seem some gorgeous swatches on-line.

 Day 12, was stripes and I think this may be my best striping work yet! Look at these badgers!


To start off the base cost is a gorgeous purple holo from Color Club called 'Eternal Beauty' and this is the business just on it's own, without any frills. I used striping ribbon to create the design on all nails and then a small nail art brush to fill in each colour. The black is Revlon Parfumerie in 'Espresso', the dark purple OPI 'Vant to Bite my Neck' and the light purple is Rimmel Pro in 'Purple Rain'. I DO NOT want to take this design off for Day 13, especially as purple is my favourite colour and I spent some time over this! Anyway I shall have to, as tomorrow I have a few days to catch up on. Really enjoying the challenge, it's really making me practise my nail art and use all these little bottles I collect.

Next up, Animal Print (Have no idea on what to do here) and Flowers!




No comments:

Post a Comment