Wednesday 24 September 2014

31 Day Challenge - Galaxies and Water Marble

Day 19 was one of my first attempts at Nail Art, Galaxies. I love this design and I have to say this attempt was much more successful than my first.

Really, really love this design and again not a manicure that I wanted to take off once done. This was a base colour of black using Revlon Parfumerie in 'Espresso' (my new favourite black polish) and various polishes in white, yellow, purple, green and blue to create the galaxies. Just used a random sponging technique for the patterns. The real finishing touch to this was topping it all off with China Glaze's 'Fairy Dust'! 


Day 20 of the challenge is probably the day I feared the most! From reviewing Instagram I was not alone! A Water Marble manicure was required. I had NEVER been able to water marble despite several attempts before. I have studied this technique on YouTube for sometime, and the top tips I picked up from failing previously, were to use bottled water, ensure it was at room temperature and use the newest polishes I owned.

I had a couple of dummy runs with no particular pattern or colour combination in mind and managed to come up with a few marbles swatch sticks that were passible. So I decided it was time to stick my fingers in the watery polishy mess. Here's what happened!


It looks OK, I mean I've obviously seen better, but pretty happy that it worked AT ALL. The pinky is the favourite I think.  My thumb adopted a pretty weird design. But I'll be having a go again now that I know I can marble.

Design was marbled over Barry M 'Carousel' a limited edition polish for Boots, and the accent nail is topped with China Glaze 'Fairy Dust' too!

Also note, the nail on my middle finger broke last Sunday I think, and it's been patched with a bit of a tea bag and some nail glue. Surprised it lasted this long but now you can see the crack, so that's a gonner. Replaced it after this mani with a false one until it grows any decent length back. Always the middle finger nails that go with me!

2 comments:

  1. Your galaxy nails are soooo beautiful! I'm jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elsa, pretty pleased with the way they turned out! :oD

    ReplyDelete