Thursday 4 September 2014

31 Day Challenge - Green and Yellow


More untried polishes to use for the 31 Day Challenge. First up Day 3 : Yellow. Keeping with the Revlon ColorStay Theme this one is 'Buttercup' a pale yellow creme.

Like 'Marmalade' the orange used on Day 2, this took 3 coats to hide all sign of the nail line and first coats applied a little streaky. I was planning on some nail art, but time being short, I used some of the Bourjois Nail Tattoos to give the manicure a little something else.

Not overly inspired but I used these bee designed on alternate nails. These Nail Tattoos are so easy to use, and you'll need to top coat them so they don't wear off. I have to say I'm not sure I'm keen on this colour. It was a rushed manicure, so maybe if I'd taken more time it would have been neater and not so patchy.

Day 4 : Green moves from Revlon ColorStay to their Parfumerie range and the polish in 'Wintermint'.


The parfumerie polishes are scented, and this polish, as the name suggests whiffs of mint, oh and nail varnish... a bit. 

It's a little on the sheer side but you can build to full opacity, this is three coats and you can just see my nail line. The colour is a light metallic green with blue flecks of glitter, gorgeous. It dries to a slightly textured finish and I've abandoned top coat as I'll be changing my polish tomorrow to a lovely blue for Day 5!

Again I picked this up from PoundWorld for a £1, when this range is still being sold in Boots for £5.99. PoundWorld are stocking loads of polishes from this range, so keep your eyes and noses peeled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment